Meet Dr. Serpe
Dr. Serpe has been helping thyroid patients since 2007 using the most cutting-edge natural approaches available today. As a board eligible chiropractic neurologist and functional medicine physician Dr. Serpe integrates a fresh new perspective in addressing thyroid conditions and the symptoms patients suffer.
“Bringing relief, helping the body function naturally, produce what it needs and supporting long-term health is my practice focus”.
Dr. Joseph M. Serpe, DC, has been treating patients since graduating from the National College of Chiropractic with honors in 1992. In May of 1996, he founded Serpe Chiropractic Center, SC now known as the NeuroPlus Institute.
Since graduating, Dr. Serpe has dedicated his practice to helping people with chronic conditions that have not responded well to other treatments or who have not met their recovery goals using other methods.
He is a board eligible in chiropractic neurology with over 350 hours of postgraduate study. He continues to attend monthly seminars in neurology, the treatment of various chronic conditions, functional medicine and nutrition. He also stay current in nutritional interventions by attending FMU (Functional Medicine University).
As one of only 100 chiropractors in the United States to hold a Certification as a Chiropractic Golf Specialist, Dr. Serpe brings unique talents in diagnosis and rehab to those who enjoy the game of golf and sports in general.
Post Graduate Work
- Completed “Mastering the Thyroid”
- Attends FMU (Functional Medicine University)
- Board Eligible in Chiropractic Neurology with over 350 hours postgraduate work
- Certified Interactive Metronome Physician
- Trained in AMT-2 Core Stability Therapy
- Certified Chiropractic Golf Specialist
- Functional Blood Analysis
- Functional Endocrinology
- Neurotransmitters and the brain
- Authored a paper on ADHD treatment
- Member of the International Association of Functional Neurology & Rehabilitation
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of the Illinois Chiropractic Society
- Member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- Member of the National Fibromyalgia Association
Dr. Serpe and his wife Michele, live with their four children in the Fox Valley area. They are active members of Ginger Creek Community Church in Aurora. Dr. Serpe plays guitar and enjoys cycling, digital photography and spending time with family and friends.